CREW OC Presents 'Spire' Awards
More than 320 industry professionals gathered March 10 at the Center Club in Costa Mesa to celebrate the 5th Annual CREW Orange County chapter’s Commercial Real Estate SPIRE (Superior Performance In Real Estate) Awards.
Pictured above are Spire awards keynote speakers Goodman Birtcher North America CEO Brandon R. Birtcher and VP of development operations Brooke Birtcher Gustafson.
CREW OC received 98 nominations this year, recognizing top performers that substantially impacted the local real estate industry. The Spire Awards honor the brightest leaders and most innovative projects. The categories include new construction, building renovations, tenant improvements, leasing, sales, lending, women in commercial real estate and philanthropy.
Pictured above are master of ceremonies Perry Schonfeld, principal & COO of LBA and Gensler project manager Anne Bretana and associate Mark McManus accepting the award on behalf of the Harbor Distributing team for the Building Renovations award.
Here is Perry Schonfeld; Mazda USA facilities & administrative manager Rumi Walsh accepting the leasing award for Mazda North America Operations; and Cushman & Wakefield senior director Chon Kantikovit.
The Spire Awards were founded in 2011 by the Orange County chapter of CREW. This is the only industry awards program in OC.
Pictured are SPIRE Awards co-chair Catherine Falco, senior director of business development at Marquis Construction; keynote speakers Brandon R. Birtcher and Brooke Birtcher Gustafson; and SPIRE Award co-chair Karen Eddy, real estate property specialist at Western Digital Technologies.
The winners were:
Superior Performance in New Construction - Project: Outlets at San Clemente
- Craig Realty Group, CEO Steve Craig
Superior Performance in Building Renovations - Project: Harbor Distributing
- Gensler, James Young, design director; Anne Bretana, project manager; Mark McManus, associate; Jaimelynn Shah, senior associate
- Harbor Distributing, president Tommy Reyes
- ARCO National Construction Co, president Tom Strickland
Superior Performance in Tenant Improvements - Project: ASICS North
- America HQs DPPM Project Management, president Dennis Potts
- McKinney Advisory Group, Charlie Copelan and Jamie Lee Keller
- LPA, Rick D’Amato
- Snyder Langston/Optym, John Gunther and Jo-E Immel
Workplace Management Solutions Superior Performance in Leasing - Project: Mazda North America Operations
- Cushman & Wakefield, senior director Chon Kantikovit and VC Rick Kaplan
- Mazda USA, Rumi Walsh, Facilities & Administrative Manager
Superior Performance in Sales - Project: MetroCenter at South Coast
- McCarthy Cook principals Tom McCarthy and Ed Cook
Superior Performance in Lending - Project: Quintana Office Complex – Irvine
- New York Life Real Estate Investors, senior directors Kirk Kniss and John Lippmann
- Hines, managing director Ray Lawler and associate Drew Huffmann
- HFF, senior managing director Kevin MacKenzie and real estate analyst Lee Redmond
Superior Performance for a Woman in Commercial Real Estate – Jamboree Housing Corp president Laura Archuleta
Superior Performance in Philanthropy - Mark and Jan Hilbert, Hilbert Museum of California Art, Chapman University