Bisnow, LLC (“Bisnow”) is committed to protecting the privacy of users of the website located at www.bisnow.com or any website owned, operated, licensed or controlled by us, such as:
- our local (e.g.,www.bisnow.com/new-york, www.bisnow.com/multifamily, www.bisnow.com/retail) editions;
- Escape (www.bisnow.com/escape), and all of our local and national events (www.bisnow.com/events) (collectively, the “Sites”); and
- the email publications prepared and delivered by us to our members.
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
“Personal Information” means information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you. Examples of Personal Information include your name, address, phone number, and/or email address.
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including this and our other websites, when you choose to provide such information, such as when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our business partners and other third parties. Any personal information you provide to us is maintained on secure servers and our internal systems.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Your contact information (such as name, Twitter handle, email address, zip code or phone number)
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our Sites
- Demographic information (such as age, job title, date of birth, gender, etc.)
- Any content (e.g., comments, photographs, information and other materials) that you post directly on our Sites (please bear in mind any personal information you submit can be read, collected or used by others; accordingly, please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information in public activities or submissions)
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs
- Location information when signing up for a website account
- Reading, browsing, advertising information (clicks, interactions, post-impression performance data) and shopping behavior and preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our websites
- Your search queries conducted on our Sites
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
WHAT IS OUR PURPOSE FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you, the user, with a customized experience on our Sites. This includes personalization services, interactive communications, online shopping and many other types of services.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will only use your Personal Information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Register you for membership at our Sites, and manage and maintain your account on the Sites
- Provide products or services you request
- For other event attendees in the form of attendee lists
- Validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including contacting you about your orders, including by telephone)
- Maintain a record of the purchases you make and the areas you browse on our Sites
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support
- To communicate with you about products, services, offers, events and promotions from Bisnow and our sponsors, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you from Bisnow and our sponsors
- To share our relevant industry newsletter emails
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media
- Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes and other promotions
- Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our Sites, applications and social media assets
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
- Manage our business
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor our Sites
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies
- To share with business partners and third parties that offer products and services that may be of interest to you
In addition to the data uses described above, we also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we may provide notice at the time of collection. If you do not wish to receive emails or other communications from us, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your Personal Information be removed from our list.
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
Disclosures for Marketing Purposes. We may share your Personal Information with business partners, agents, and third parties that offer products and services that may be of interest to you. The Personal Information shared may include your name, title, email address and other personal information, for marketing or other purposes, and you should presume that your personally identifiable information may thus be subject to future transactions.
Disclosures to Third Parties Assisting In Our Operations. We may share your Personal Information under confidentiality agreements with third parties that work with, or on behalf of, Bisnow. These companies may use your Personal Information to assist Bisnow in its operations. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information, and Bisnow endeavors to oblige the third parties to follow practices substantially similar to those of Bisnow with respect to such information.
Disclosures Under Special Circumstances. We may provide information about you to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process or governmental regulations, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION AND ANONYMOUS INFORMATION
Each time a Visitor comes to the Sites, Bisnow collects some information to improve the overall quality of the Visitor’s online experience. The types of non-personal information we may obtain include:
- Hardware/software information (geographic location, IP address, browser type, device type, operating system, bandwidth, etc.);
- Analytics information (time spend on site, number of pages viewed, referring web page, browsing information, social sharing, etc.);
- Advertising information (type of ads seen, number of times ads were served, pages where the ads were served, etc.); and
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies.
This type of information is collected anonymously through the use of technology, such as third-party cookies, web beacons, and other similar methods. Some of the technology used includes but is not limited to:
Aggregated Data. We collect aggregate queries both directly and through third-party website analytic tools (Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc.) for internal reporting and also to count, track, and aggregate the Visitors’ activity into Bisnow’s analysis of general traffic-flow at the Sites. To this end, Bisnow may merge information about you into aggregated group data. In some cases, Bisnow may remove personal identifiers from Personal Information and maintain it in aggregate form that may later be combined with other information to generate anonymous, aggregated statistical information. Such anonymous, group data may be shared on an aggregated basis with Bisnow’s affiliates, business partners, service providers and/or vendors.
Web Server Logs and IP Addresses. An Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number that automatically identifies the computer or device you have used to access the Internet. The IP address enables our server to send you the web pages that you want to visit, and it may disclose the server owned by your Internet Service Provider. Bisnow may use IP addresses to conduct Sites’ analyses and performance reviews and to administer the Sites.
A web beacon is an electronic image (also referred to as an “action tag,” “single-pixel,” or “clear GIF”) that is commonly used to track the traffic patterns of users from one web page to another in order to maximize web traffic flow and to otherwise analyze the effectiveness of the Sites. Some web beacons may be unusable if you elect to reject their associated cookies.
For more information on cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies, please visit the Internet Advertising Bureau’s Interactive Glossary.
By accessing and using the Sites, you expressly consent to the storage of cookies, other local storage technologies, beacons or other information on your computer or devices. You also consent to the access of such cookies, local storage technologies, beacons and information by us.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your privacy is very important to us. We use appropriate security measures for preventing your Personal Information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. For example, when required, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology encrypts your information to protect it from being decoded by anyone other than us.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS ON OUR SITES
The Sites may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. When you connect to a website that is linked to our Sites, we encourage you to read the privacy statements of that website. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by our Sites.
CREDIT CARD COMPANIES
Credit card transactions are handled by third party financial institutions and their vendors and contractors who receive credit card numbers and other personal information from us to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions. The use of your personal information by the third party financial institutions and their vendors and contractors will be subject to their own privacy policies.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
If you choose to provide us with personal information, we may transfer that information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from US law, please note that you are transferring your personal information to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws and does not offer you the same rights as the EU, and by providing your personal information you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal information to the United States as indicated above.
These Sites are not intended for children under the age of 18. We will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Sites’ visitors in this age group. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose online. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us via e-mail at the above e-mail address if they would like this information deleted from our records. We will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our databases.
RESPONSE TO “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. Since uniform standards for “Do Not Track” signals have not yet been adopted, Bisnow does not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a citizen of a European Union state, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Information that Bisnow has collected. You may exercise these rights by logging into your personal profile or by contacting us at email@example.com.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Information to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Personal Information in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data's accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of Personal Information to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you are located in the European Union (EU), you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the data protection authority based in the country to which you are resident. If you are located in the UK, the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) (www.ico.org.uk) is the relevant data protection authority. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO or any other data protection authority so please contact us in the first instance.
WHAT OPTIONS DO YOU HAVE ABOUT HOW BISNOW USES OR SHARES YOUR INFORMATION?
If you no longer wish for us to share your contact information with our sponsors or other third parties, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. For us to be able to locate your record, your e-mail must include your name and e-mail address. Please also state your request in the body of the email. We will endeavor to process your request within 10 days, and thereafter we will no longer share your contact information with third parties. Please note that we will not be able to stop third parties from sending you information about their products or services if your information was shared with them before we received your request.
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE TO BISNOW EMAILS AND “SPONSORED EMAIL”
You can unsubscribe from receiving Bisnow emails at any time. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of any Bisnow email and following the instructions. Please note, unsubscribe requests sent by email are not valid. Requesting an unsubscribe by replying to a Bisnow email or through communication with a Bisnow employee is not considered a legitimate unsubscribe request.
If you’ve been subscribing to our emails then from time to time you’ve also been receiving emails marked “Sponsored Email” in the subject line and in the email header. These emails are content paid for by our sponsors.
You can unsubscribe from receiving Sponsored Email emails. However, if you do so, you will no longer receive Bisnow emails either. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link in the footer of any Bisnow email and following the instructions. You can also unsubscribe by clicking on the “Manage Subscriptions” link on the bottom of the Bisnow homepage and following the instructions. We will endeavor to process your request within 10 days. Please note that during that time, you may continue to receive e-mail messages from Bisnow.
Additionally, regardless of whether you have unsubscribed from receiving advertising and promotional material from Bisnow, you will continue to receive transactional information from us, such as information relating to your account or payment or bill information.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
YOUR NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Nevada SB-220 permits our visitors who are Nevada residents to opt out of the sale of certain personal information (called “covered information”) to third parties. This includes information such as name, address, e-mail addresses, telephone number, social security number, online identifiers and online service activity. To make such an opt out, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
HOW TO CONTACT US
123 William Street, Floor 15
New York NY 10038