WBJ Announces Best Real Estate Deals Of 2015
2015 was a year chock full of big real estate deals in the region, but several stood head and shoulders above the rest.
The Washington Business Journal has unveiled its list of the Best Real Estate Deals of 2015. Among the honorees are Inova Health System's acquisition of the Exxon Mobil campus, which was given the nod as Deal of the Year. Inova acquired the sprawling 117-acre campus at 3225 Gallows Rd in Merrifield under the terms of a 99-year lease with the right of first refusal to purchase the property for $180M in the first five years. Inova's Ashley Hunnicutt will be a speaker at Bisnow's Mid-Atlantic Healthcare Forum discussing the project.
The Advisory Board Co’s search for a new HQ was one of the more talked about real estate stories in 2015. The healthcare and consulting company flirted with a number of properties—both inside and outside the District—before agreeing to take more than 500k SF at Douglas Development Co’s 655 New York Ave NW development. The deal was so significant that it took down WBJ’s ‘Game-Changer Award” for 2015.
Also selected to WBJ's list of Best Real Estate Deals of 2015:
- Best New Office Development: 601 Massachusetts Ave NW
- Buzziest Project: Atlantic Plumbing and The Shay
- Best Rehab: The Hecht Warehouse at Ivy City
- The Perseverance Award: The Darcy and The Flats at Bethesda Avenue
- The Going Big Award: Jamestown buys America’s Square, Stafford Place
- Most Creative Deal: Local Motors