The Top 10 Stories You Need to Read This Week
From athletes and airports to another Google tool and abandoned military bunkers, here are the top real estate news you need to know from this past week:
1. Is your favorite NFL player also in charge of your favorite hotel?
2. No one likes layovers—until now. Here are six airports that are doing it right (and no, not you LaGuardia.)
3. Citi Bank is urging clients to look out for gold mine-like markets with changing demographics.
4. Is a housing market collapse upon us? We got the word straight from nine top economists.
5. Amazon may be king, but some e-retailers still find it beneficial to open brick-and-mortar shops.
6. Properties in Equity Inn's $800M portfolio are under watch for having some unpleasant maintenance issues, making for some vacation rebookings.
7. As if Miami wasn't sexy enough, here are five posh residential buildings new to South Florida.
8. Bisnow sits down with former Carlyle Group partner Andrew Chung for the inside scoop on its blockbuster New York Chinatown deal.
9. Here are five abandoned military bunkers that are given—a really cool—new life.
10. Thinking about going solar? Google to lets you know if you can.