THE DEAL SHEET
Want to get a jump-start on upcoming deals? Meet the major Chicago players at one of our upcoming events!
Stan Johnson Company completed the sale of two 14k-SF Walgreens in St. Charles and South Elgin to an Arizona-based institutional investor for $8.5M. Stan Johnson's Gill Warner repped the seller, an Illinois-based retail developer, as well as the buyer.
Ulmer & Berne LLP, a regional law firm HQ'd in Cleveland, is moving into the Chicago market. The firm signed a lease to occupy more than 18k-SF in Chicago's Citigroup Center at 500 West Madison St. Ulmer & Berne is scheduled to occupy its new Chicago office in April. Colliers Bennett & Kahnweiler's David J. Gelfand and David G. Miller represented Ulmer & Berne, while MB Real Estate's Ann Tomlinson represented Citigroup Center.
@properties' Danny Spitz helped Atlas Crossfit, a specialty fitness training facility, sign a new 8k-SF lease at 343 W. Erie.
Trunk Club has signed a 7k-SF lease at 311 W. Superior. The men's fashion company provides personal shopping and styling services and was founded by Brian Spaly, owner of Bonobos. @properties Danny Spitz brokered the lease.
Creperie Normand signed a 2k-SF lease at Algonquin Commons and will be the fourth retailer to open there since November. In addition to the Creperie, new retailers at Algonquin Commons include:
- Hot Mama, an upscale fashion boutique chain for moms and moms-to-be; 2k-SF
- Thirsty Whale Bar & Grill; 6k-SF
- United Sports; 3k-SF
Algonquin Commons is a 500k SF outdoor lifestyle center located at 1900 South Randall Road in Algonquin. Inland Real Estate Corp. represents the center.
Paine/Wetzel · ONCOR International completed more than 11k-SF of transactions in Chicagoland.
- A private investor has purchased a 3k-SF building at 4153 W. Lake Street in Chicago. Situated on a 6k-SF land site, the building will be for auto use. Paine/Wetzel's Kim Aigner represented the buyer, while Troy Realty's Bill Gold represented the seller.
- Science Supply Solutions, Inc. has signed a new 5k-SF lease at 80 Lively Boulevard in Elk Grove Village. Paine/Wetzel's Elise A. Couston and Patrick Fitzgerald repped the landlord, Chicago Properties. Brown Commercial Group's Brad Bullington repped the tenant.
- Wet Solutions relocated from Arlington Heights to 5050 Newport Drive in Rolling Meadows. Paine/Wetzel's Patrick Fitzgerald and Elise A. Couston represented the tenant. Korman Lederer & Associates' Peter Balyeat represented the landlord, 5050 Newport LLC.
Reed Construction completed the medical build-out of a breast clinic on behalf of Dr. Ahmed Farag at 900 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1410 in Chicago. The new clinic, completed within 8 weeks, features waiting rooms, consultation rooms, and changing rooms. The facility also includes a bone density testing area, a mammogram room, and ultrasound facilities. Reed's Scott Pickands was the executive for the project, and Kevin Tattersall was the project manager.
Morgan / Harbour Construction has been awarded the 2009 Project of the Year Award by the Suburban Branch of the Chicago Metro Chapter of the American Public Works Association for acting as the design-builder for the new 121k-SF, two-story, build-to-suit public works facility for the Village of Wheeling at 77 W. Hintz Road. The Village of Wheeling also selected Morgan / Harbour as the general contractor for a 43k-SF project for the Police Department which will include the addition of a new 911 Center and renovated locker room.
Matthew J. Aquino joined Wight & Company as director of the structural engineering practice, leading growth of the new department. He will also participate in the company’s established transportation practice. Prior to Wight, Matthew was an associate principal at the Chicago office of Campbell & Associates Consulting Engineers. He holds a master’s in civil engineering from Northwestern and a BS in civil engineering from U of I at Urbana-Champaign.
Jack Reardon has joined the Chicago office of Cushman & Wakefield. He comes from CB Richard Ellis, where he spent the last decade in the suburban office landlord agency business. At Cushman, he will continue to focus on the northwest suburban, north suburban and O’Hare-area submarkets.