Top 10 Stories From Around The Web: U Street/Shaw
1. Washingtonian has named Michelin-starred Métier the best place to eat in Washington.
2. Gateway Investment Partners and RISE’s 319-unit, six-story apartment building with 11K SF of ground-level retail in North Shaw is slated for June delivery.
3. In November, JBG Smith closed a $110M refinancing deal for its 310-unit Atlantic Plumbing apartment complex, which opened in Shaw in 2015.
4. D.C.’s first and only whole-grain bakery and mill, Seylou Bakery & Mill, opened in Shaw in November.
5. JBG Smith’s new 132K SF, 129-unit 13|U luxury apartment complex delivered last year, across the street from the U Street Metro stop, boasting amenities aplenty and units with rents ranging from $3K to $11K.
6. Shaw is changing, and so is its landscape and resident base, which has caused some longtime residents to feel alienated from the neighborhood.
7. The 327-unit Howard Plaza Towers West reopened in August following a $35.5M renovation, and its sister tower, slated to open for the fall 2018 term, is the beneficiary of an equal investment package.
9. Victoria Manages, the owner of Shaw's Salon Le Fini, filed an application in August to open a restaurant in Shaw at 1545 New Jersey Ave. NW. Her Great American Bistro will be a 1,600 SF, 127-seat classic American diner.
10. The Zoning Commission greenlighted the City Market at O’s planned 85-unit condo extension. It will have around 3,500 SF of retail and 30% affordable units.