In Case You Missed It: Top Stories About Southeast D.C.
1. D.C. announces the next steps in its years-long plan to clean up the Anacostia River.
2. D.C.'s extended state of emergency policies will make it even more difficult for the city's struggling apartment market to recover.
3. Former D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams offers his thoughts on D.C. housing affordability and how the city will recover from the pandemic, including advocating for further Anacostia cleanup.
4. Some D.C. music venues have been given permission to host live shows through the end of October.
5. D.C. is searching for developers to work on sites in the city's East-of-the-River neighborhoods.
6. Columbia Property Trust is now four months ahead of schedule on its project to redevelop a D.C. office building in Southeast D.C.'s Capitol Riverfront neighborhood.
7. Families in D.C. Wards 7 and 8 will receive healthcare, child care, financial literacy lessons and food assistance thanks to a new city-supported "family success center."