CREW D.C. Honors Top Women At Annual Awards Ceremony
The top women in D.C.'s commercial real estate industry gathered at the Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium Thursday evening to honor the women who have stood out over the past year.
The night's top honor went to Complete Building Services Executive Vice President Kathy Allgier. Allgier has been at Complete Building Services, a division of The Donohoe Cos., since December. Before that she spent two years at MRP Realty and three years at CBRE. The bulk of her career was spent at JLL, where she worked from 1990 to 2011. Allgier served as president of CREW D.C. between 2006 and 2008.
The other individual award winners are as follows:
- Annual Achievement Award: HYL Architecture's Catherine Heath
- Corporate Leadership Award: Holland & Knight's Janis Schiff
- Rising Star Award: Baker Tilly's Liisa Warden
- Esprit de Corps Award: Leo A Daly's Ruth Jansson
The Dealmaker Award went to the team behind the Federal Communications Commission lease at Sentinel Square III. The General Services Administration awarded Trammell Crow with the 473K SF lease in June 2016, but it faced months of legal challenges from the agency's current landlord. Just last week, Trammell Crow sold the Sentinel Square III development site to MetLife for $58M. The CREW members involved in the leasing deal were CBRE's Price Riggs, Trammell Crow's Heather Seich Spence, Tenenbaum & Saas's Melissa Cocci and Rand Construction's Linda Rabbitt.
The other team award winners are as follows:
- Placemaking Award: The team behind H Street's Anthology mixed-use building of Jair Lynch Real Estate Partners, Bentall Kennedy, Donohoe Construction, Hord Coplan Macht, RCM&D, MCW, Altus Group, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer and ECS Mid-Atlantic.
- Best Interiors Award: OTJ Architects, GPI and Davis Construction for Sands Capital Management's Rosslyn office.
- Most Creative Marketing Award: MRP Realty and Cushman & Wakefield for the Westwood Metro Tower campaign.