Forest City Lands First Soft Goods Retailers At Ballston Quarter
Forest City announced Thursday it has signed leases with five retailers, three of them locally based, totaling over 6K SF.
- Francesca's, a clothing and jewelry boutique with over 700 locations nationwide, will open a 1,712 SF store.
- Potomac River Running, a Virginia-based specialty running store, is moving its Ballston location to the development, opening in a 1,431 SF space.
- Scout and Molly's, a Raleigh, North Carolina-based fashion boutique will open its 36th location in a 1,141 SF space.
- Steadfast Supply, a D.C.-based creative retail shop, will open its second location in a 1,026 SF space.
- Gossip, an affordable women's fashion boutique, will relocate from Crystal City to a 761 SF space in Ballston Quarter.
The new shopping options add to a series of experiential retailers Forest City has already announced at the development. Punch Bowl Social, a restaurant concept featuring a bowling alley, arcade and bar, will open a 25K SF location. Live-action entertainment venue 5 Wits, recreational culinary school Cookology and indoor play and learning space Nook will also open at Ballston Quarter.
The developer has also announced several dining options for its Quarter Market food hall, such as Italian eatery Cucina Al Volo, Mexican Restaurant Bartaco, Mi & Yo Noodle bar and Timber Pizza Co.
Ballston Quarter, a transformation of the former Ballston Common Mall, is expected to deliver this fall with 360K SF of retail and the 25K SF food hall. The development's 22-story, 406-unit residential tower is expected to deliver in Q1 2019, and it will also feature 176K SF of office space.