Top 10 Articles From Around The Web: Southeast Riverfront
1. Drawing on a large body of climate research, the Washingtonian traces the impact of rising sea levels on DC in the coming decades. The capital fares well in comparison to other coastal American cities, but should sea levels rise by six feet—as is projected to happen by 2100, based on the current rate of increase—much of the SE Riverfront will only be accessible by boat.
2. The Navy Yard neighborhood is on track to be DC's most densely populous.
3. The team behind the hit DC restaurants Sixth Engine, Town Hall and The Dubliner have a new project slated for the SE Riverfront neighborhood: The Salt Line at 79 Potomac Ave SE.
4. Another successful bunch of local hospitality entrepreneurs—the team behind Circa, Open Road and Trio fame—has plans for a second Open Road restaurant, this one at 99 M St SE.
5. Navy Yard was the fourth most sought-out neighborhood for Uber users in DC, according to data compiled by the company.
6. As Bisnow learned last week, the pace of development in the Capitol Riverfront is staggering.
7. Check out the Washingtonian's history of how DC's Metro arrived at the sorry state it's in today. It's an important issue for SE Riverfront residents, as the Navy Yard station is one of the city's busiest, thanks to Nationals Park.
8. And then read the Washington Post's prescription for what the Metro can do to improve its service and reputation.
9. See the Capitol Riverfront's event calendar for a complete list of all the attractions coming to the area this month.
10. The new Latin American fast food joint Chix is opening a restaurant in Navy Yard at 1210 Half St SE.