If You’re Going to San Francisco … Be Sure To Check Out Bisnow’s Multifamily Housing Event On Nov. 4
The San Francisco Bay Area and environs have long marched to their own drum, becoming known both for progressive cultural attitudes while emerging as global economic powerhouses thanks to a high concentration of the country’s most well-known technology companies.
This region has not only flourished in the business market but the housing market as well. During the coronavirus pandemic, construction of multifamily housing in the Bay Area has actually accelerated, breaking recent building records in Oakland, San Jose and Mountain View.
Nevertheless, the region continues to grapple with a continuing shortage of affordable housing as one of the most expensive metro areas in the U.S.
How can the region address its affordable housing needs and remain attractive to new residents? How has the pandemic impacted housing in the area? How can developers and investors be encouraged to dive into the Bay Area’s affordable market? Explore these and other questions at the Bisnow Multifamily Annual Conference for Northern California on Nov 4.
This live, full-day event will address issues such as bringing tenants back to multifamily units. The keynote will be delivered by Michael Schall, CEO of Essex Property Trust.
Also lending their expertise to this discussion will be panelists including:
- Moderator Matt Passalacqua, Wave G regional business development manager
- David McCullough, principal of McCullough Landscape Architecture.
- Alan Dones, CEO of Strategic Urban Development Alliance.
- Candice Gonzalez, chief housing officer and managing director of Sand Hill Property.
- Cory Creath, founding principal architect of AXIS/GFA Architecture + Design.
Another panel will explore how the pandemic has changed multifamily design and construction. Moderated by Alec Pugh, partner with Lubin Olson, its other participants will be:
- Sandra Biddulph, principal of DCI Engineers.
- Riaz Taplin, principal and founder of Riaz Capital.
- Richard Hannum, president and CEO of Forge Development Partners.
- Patrick Kennedy, owner of Panoramic Interests.
A panel on developing and investing in affordable housing will bring together these experts:
- Larry Florin, CEO of Burbank Housing.
- Sam Moss, executive director for Mission Housing Development Corp.
- Yusef Freeman, California managing director of acquisitions and development, Jonathan Rose Cos.
- David Bogstad, president of LCA Architects.
- Mark Donahue, design director for Lowney Architecture.
"Future-proofing multifamily" will be discussed by:
- Patrick Hendry, president of Northern California for City Ventures.
- Douglas McDonald, president of SummerHill Apartment Communities.
- Gaurav Hardikar, vice president of product at Brilliant, Brilliant
- Roman Speron, president of Align Residential
- Noel Arvizu, ADT National Account Manager
The Bisnow Multifamily Annual Conference will be a live event at a venue in San Francisco that has not yet been announced. Proof of vaccination or a negative Covid-test result from the previous 72 hours will be required as a condition of entry to this event.
Click here to learn more or register.