Five NYC Apartment Building Amenities You Won't Expect
Health clubs, screening rooms, communal party spaces...Ho hum! It takes more unique amenities to lure tenants into today's luxury NYC rental apartments. Here are five examples:
1) A Rock Climbing Wall such as the two-story model at 10 Hanover Square in lower Manhattan's Financial District. Located in the building's state-of-the-art (of course) health club, the wall pictured here features several climbs of varying difficulty.
2) A Golf Simulator - For those who've mastered the putting green, it's time to focus on your drivers and irons. Among the rental buildings with simulated golf machines is 25 Broad Street at the Exchange.
3) Wine cellar - Lovers and collectors of the grape need not just store their stash in a home wine cellar. If you're stuck in the city, and your NYC rental unit is more a pied-a-terre, having a well-maintained, climate-controlled wine cellar, like the one at 34 Leonard, in TriBeCa, can make an enjoyable and tasty difference.
4) Food Shopping - Fresh Direct is great. But there are other people who will actually do your grocery shopping for you, and they're right under your own roof – if you live at places like The Biltmore, in Midtown West.
5) Catering Kitchen - When your party or dinner guests demand the best, and you have no time to prepare, a catering kitchen like the one at MiMa in Midtown Manhattan lets you relax and truly enjoy the fine art of entertaining.