Belmont U Buys International Market & Restaurant Site, Adjacent Lots For Future Expansion
Belmont University snapped up four lots totaling 0.45 acres near its campus, including the longtime site of the International Market & Restaurant. The Myint family, which runs the restaurant, will continue to operate it, the Tennessean reports.
The deal allows Belmont to start planning for growth, as its student body continues to expand. At the moment, the school does not have specific development plans, according to Belmont President Bob Fisher.
In addition to the restaurant site at 2010 Belmont Blvd., the university also acquired a four-flat triplex on Belmont and a single-family home on Bernard Avenue as part of the sale.
The deal is the latest physical expansion for the university, which now occupies about 84 acres. In 2014, it bought 1823 12th Ave. South for about $1M, just after acquiring 2005 12th Ave. South for $1.75M. Also, the school recently started construction of a new residence hall.