BARRY ROSENTHAL - JBG COS
Want to get a jump-start on upcoming deals? Meet the major D.C. players at one of our upcoming events!
Barry Rosenthal joined The JBG Cos as General Counsel in January 2014, after 20 years representing the company as outside counsel. JBG, a 55-year-old private real estate investment and management firm, has a 23.6M SF portfolio of office, residential, hotel and retail space, and not long ago closed on its ninth real estate fund, for $680M. This month, it announced its acquisition of 1.3 acres near the Nationals Park, making JBG the largest landowner in the Ballpark District. Before he joined JBG, Barry was a longtime partner at Bingham McCutchen.
What you didn't know about Barry:
- All three of his children are lawyers.
- He interned for the Senate Housing Subcommittee during Penn Law.
- Before his two decades with Bingham, he joined housing firm Brownstein Zeidman & Lore as its 11th lawyer—it eventually grew to 75 lawyers and he became managing partner.
- He grew up in Boston and moved to DC to join the Legal Honors Program at HUD.
- Barry's traveled to all seven continents, recently visiting Myanmar and Ireland.