Top 10 Articles From Around the Web: Alexandria
1. Gov. Terry McAuliffe spoke to reporters in Alexandria yesterday regarding campaign contributions from a major Chinese company.
2. JM Zell Partners and Hines are partnering to build one of the region's tallest buildings, a 34-story apartment building just south of Eisenhower Avenue.
3. Alexandria has the best downtown of any small to midsized city in the country, according to Livability.com’s 2016 list of Top 10 Downtowns.
4. Potomac Yard has a big new office user in the Institute for Defense Analyses.
5. Washington REIT acquired the 1,222-unit Riverside Apartments in Alexandria for $244.8M.
6. Donald Trump has opened a campaign office on North Washington Street.
7. McAuliffe just announced that Virginia's unemployment rate has fallen below 4%, the lowest level since June 2008. We all know what came at the end of that summer, however, so it may be advisable to wait a few months before patting ourselves on the back.
8. Perseus Realty has entered one of the hottest development areas in the region with its purchase of a 13.5 acre parcel on Eisenhower Ave.
9. An Alexandria-based Potomac River cruise operator has just been acquired.
10. And in the biggest local news story of 2016, a wild turkey was spotted roaming the streets of Old Town.