Top 10 Articles From Around The Web: Tenleytown and Friendship Heights
1. Chevy Chase to experience potential mass exodus of luxury brands as they relocate downtown seeking foot traffic.
2. The Obama family will remain in Washington to allow youngest daughter Sasha to graduate from Sidwell Friends School (above), like her sister.
3. In a $770M move, Fannie May will vacate its iconic headquarters across the street from Sidwell Friends by 2018.
4. DC Office of Planning rejects Georgetown Day School's expansion plans, which would unite the middle and high schools on one campus, after two community groups claim the planned buildings are too tall.
5. National Cathedral completes repairs to interior five years after a 5.8-magnitude earthquake damaged it, but predicts exterior will take another decade.
6. Former Gifford’s Ice Cream brand owner is helping Kron Chocolatier, tenant of Mazza Gallerie, create recipes for the frozen treat.
7. Tenleytown sees influx of fast-casual restaurants with Beefsteak, District Taco and Bourbon Coffee.
8. Tenleytown Chick-fil-A not allowing customers to sit down during 3pm to 4:30pm after-school rush.
9. Maryland Court of Special Appeals rules the Town of Chevy Chase charged punitively high amounts for copies of public documents pertaining to the town’s fight against the Purple Line, marking decisive victory for activist group.
10. Construction on the two-acre Western Grove Urban Park near Friendship Heights is underway, and it's anticipated to open in February.