Top 10 Articles From Around The Web: Fairfax County
1) Bisnow reports Reston Town Center North will undergo transformation into a walkable, mixed-use area.
2) Fairfax County seeks to establish itself as an innovation hub to further diversify its economy and create jobs.
3) Kauffman Foundation dubs the DC Metro area the top destination for innovative startups, due in large part to Fairfax’s contribution, with the fastest rate of growth of entrepreneurial activity.
4) Cox Communications invests $81M in infrastructure to provide gigabit internet to Fairfax County.
5) A 2,100-space, eight-level parking structure to be completed in spring 2019 will serve bus and rail commuters at planned Innovation Center Station.
6) Fairfax Office of Revitalization addresses vacancies, designating for rezoning, affordable housing and ecosystems of innovation.
7) McLean-based Mars Inc considers pulling sugary, M&M-based frozen desserts like the beloved McDonald’s McFlurry and DQ Blizzard due to high sugar content in an attempt to rebrand itself as socially responsible.
8) Fairfax County residents will decide in November whether to have a 4% meal tax.
9) According to the Washington Business Journal, a 33-acre former trailer park on Route 1, currently vacant, will become mixed-income housing.
10) Carfax gets $150k grant from Fairfax EDA to expand its Centreville HQ.