In Case You Missed It: Top Stories About Downtown D.C.
1. The Downtown D.C. economy is still reeling from the coronavirus pandemic, with job offerings down 7,000 year-over-year, office occupancy at 10% in the fall and office vacancy at record highs.
2. Despite losses, the hotel industry sees light at the end of the tunnel in the form of recent positive vaccine news.
3. Downtown D.C. businesses prepared for possible post-election unrest that never came.
4. D.C. restaurants struggle as winter approaches.
5. A new shared office concept named Oval Offices D.C. opened near the White House.
6. Seven months into the pandemic, Downtown D.C. is showing signs of economic activity.
7. D.C. business owners weigh in on what an inauguration could look like during the pandemic.