Top 10 Stories: R-B Corridor
1. Arlington County has opted to reconsider the development of a fire station on a "major parcel" in Rosslyn. After the community voiced displeasure for the plans—which are part of a larger development project— the Board opted to review the individual parcel.
2. Eastern Foundry—which enjoyed success in nearby Crystal City—may earn up to $450k in grant money from Arlington over the next three years in exchange for creating jobs with its under-construction 19k SF location in Rosslyn.
3. Phone2Action has opted to invest $150k to bring 142 jobs from DC proper across the river to Rosslyn. The company "supplies social advocacy and civic engagement tools that connect constituents with their elected officials."
5. Metro's shutdown appears to cause delays for alternate transportation methods, but the ultimate impact is still not certain.
8. Construction on the demolished Blue Goose building's replacement has begun. The project is now being called Newside.