Transwestern Raises $142k For Philanthropy Partner, Make-A-Wish
Transwestern has raised more than $142k through various fundraising events held in its 34 offices nationwide, all of which will benefit the firm’s national philanthropy partner, Make-A-Wish, in its efforts to grant wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions.
Some of the events around the US included:
- A competition between Virginia team members to see whose neck tie inventory would last longer.
- Partnering with the 2016 Art and Wine Festival in Walnut Creek, CA.
- A stair climb in Houston, where 40 young professionals climbed 55 stories.
- The Houston Transwestern team (pictured) had a week of events, raising $15k in just one week. Their secret? Doughnuts. A donate for doughnuts event was held throughout the city at over 15 Transwestern managed properties. Tenants were invited to donate funds for a doughnut and coffee.
- Happy hour in Miami featuring signature drinks, appetizers, a raffle and a silent auction. Here are Transwestern’s Walter Byrd, Andi Lopez, Ellen Rivera and Ben Eisenberg at that “Wish Upon a Star” event, which raised more than $33k for Make-A-Wish in a single night.
- “Taco Libre” in Austin, where team members competed in a taco taste competition.