1. As vacancy remains steady, how are developers filling closures with tenants better suited for the space and neighborhood?
2. How are retailers serving as economic catalysts in D.C.'s emerging markets?
3. Is fitness the new anchor tenant in the D.C. Metro?
4. As retail strengthens in D.C.'s perimeter, what is the future of its traditionally strong neighborhoods?
5. How are retailer bankruptcies and closures impacting the region's suburbs?
|7:30 AM - 8:30 AM||
Breakfast, Coffee & Networking
|8:30 AM - 9:10 AM||
Strengthening D.C.'s Market
Is Fitness the New Anchor Tenant?
|9:10 AM - 9:35 AM||
How Are Restaurants Driving Development in D.C.'s Neighborhoods?
|9:35 AM - 10:10 AM||
How Are D.C.'s Major Players Making Retail Decisions?
|10:10 AM - 10:30 AM||
The Hamilton Live
600 14th Street NW, near Metro Center
Washington D.C. 20005
Event Space: The Hamilton Live, F Street Entrance
1. LAZ Parking Garage: 1455 F Street NW (just West of the Hamilton F Street entrance). Rates vary.
2. PMI Garage: (1.5 blocks from venue)
1 Hour: $14
2 Hours: $20
12 Hours: $26
Amidst relatively frequent closures, D.C.'s retail market has maintained steady vacancy rates. It is no secret that the asset class has faced uncertainty in recent years fighting a rapidly changing climate.
As nationwide bankruptcies and closures create waves of consequences submarkets everywhere, our metro region has responded craftily with decisions and tenants that continue to vitalize neighborhoods.
In an expanding region, those involved in retail need to examine the successes and failures to position their submarkets for success.
Thankfully, we are joined by our area's retail experts to help us grow the D.C. metro and maintain a strong retail market. We'll dive deep into the trends shaping the region, and strategize how to ensure retail space is poised for prosperity.
Don't forget to add your insight to the conversation on Twitter with hashtag #BisnowRetailDC and don't forget to follow @BisnowDC @BisnowDC!
For questions, recommendations, comments, or press inquiries please email our DC event producer, James Shearin at James.Shearin@Bisnow.com.