1) With major projects on the horizon for the Waterfront, how should investors and developers plan now to position themselves to capitalize when the boom comes?
2) Are the greatest returns still found in the luxury and super-luxury segment?
3) How will the Fair Housing Plan and Rental Fairness Act impact Toronto's multifamily market?
4) With the country’s economy forecasted to grow only 2% in 2018, could this inhibit Canadians’ ability to buy new homes and drive multifamily demand?
5) With scarcity driving investors outside of core Downtown investments, which suburbs have the best prospects for future growth?
Want to bring hundreds of real estate movers-and-shakers to your raw space?
Host Bisnow's Toronto Residential and Multifamily Summit! Interested?
Email Bisnow Events at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|7:30 AM - 8:30 AM||
Breakfast & Networking
|8:30 AM - 9:15 AM||
Residential Development Roundtable
|9:15 AM - 10:00 AM||
Toronto Multifamily Market Outlook
|10:00 AM - 10:30 AM||
The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
181 Wellington St W.
Toronto, ON M5V 3G7, Canada
Ballroom: Wellington Ballroom, 2nd Floor
Parking Information: Valet: $30 CAD
With demand outpacing supply in 2017, a $3.2B, 8.6-kilometer extension of the metro, a robust pace of job creation, and tons of development in the pipeline, there is no doubt that Toronto’s multifamily and condo markets are primed for investment.
Growing rental housing demand has created a booming apartment market ripe for investment, but at this has heightened investor interest, both institutional and foreign, causing multifamily sales to go up 21% yearover-year to $1.1 billion. This intense competition has also pushed up the average price per unit significantly over the past five years, forcing those seeking higher returns to target areas outlying downtown Toronto.
With rents growing by less than one percent for two quarters in a row, issues in affordable housing supply and the recent implementation the Rental Fairness Act, Fair Housing Plan and the tax levy on vacant properties, what’s in store for Toronto’s multifamily and condo market?
Find out this and more at our 2018 Toronto Residential and Multifamily Summit as we bring the city’s most prominent developers to discuss the major trends and issues facing the market today.
Share your comments, post your photos and ask questions using #BisnowToronto on Twitter and Instagram, and follow us at @Bisnow on Twitter for more local news.