1) Which Dallas submarkets are most robust, and how does Dallas stack up Nationally?
2) What sources of capital are flowing into hotel projects in Dallas and across the Nation?
3) 2018 marks the ninth consecutive year of rising occupancy, something we haven't seen since the '90s. Where does that put us in the current cycle, and what investment opportunities are still out there?
4) How are the two leading indicators of hotel fundamentals — RevPAR and average daily room rates — faring Nationally, and in Dallas, this far through 2018?
5) From economy to luxury, what chains are the best investment and why?
6) How are top national brands growing profits given the labor shortages, rising influence of unions, and industry competition?
|7:30 AM - 8:30 AM||
Coffee, Networking, and Breakfast
|8:30 AM - 9:15 AM||
|9:15 AM - 10:00 AM||
|10:00 AM - 10:30 AM||
The Lorenzo Hotel
1011 South Akard St.
Dallas, TX 75215
Ballroom: SKYE Ballroom, Level 12
Parking Information: $5 Self-Parking
Texas' lodging market is booming and Dallas, which is home to many hotel franchises, management companies, developers, and investors, is right in the middle of it!
According to Marcus & Millichap research, Texas has the largest construction pipeline in the nation and out of all the Texas markets, Dallas has the largest pipeline of hotel rooms by far. The data from the second half of 2017 puts Dallas at roughly 8,000 rooms in the pipeline. The report indicates this may hurt occupancy for a while, but it also says demand remains strong as occupancy in Texas trends in the mid 70% range, well above the national average of around 65%.
According to CBRE Hotels, the U.S. lodging industry will enjoy continued growth in 2018, albeit at a slower pace. Occupancy, average daily room rate, RevPAR, total operating revenue, and gross operating profits are set to increase in 2018. CBRE, specifically, is forecasting a 0.1% occupancy increase in 2018 along with a 2.3% rise in ADR with the net result of a projected 2.4% boost to RevPAR.
Join Bisnow and our all-star panelists as they dive deep into Dallas' hotel market and National trends and issues in facing the lodging industry today.
As always, show up early for great networking and plenty of coffee and stay late for informative panels.
Questions? Speaker recomendations? Comments? Email Chris.Wainwright@Bisnow.com.