|So, if you were to wager a guess, what was the biggest office deal of 2011? Anybody? Anybody? How 'bout IBM.|
|V-shaped campus, for Victory! That's right. It certainly was one of the most noteworthy deals of 2011, but it's also the largest lease of the year. When Jamestown sold the two-building IBM campus at 4111 Northside Pkwy last year to the Atlanta Public School system, IBM entered into a two-year, 830k SF lease to remain there while it takes the time to scout other options. But a lease is a lease, and this one's a doozy in its size. CBRE's John Shlesinger, Sam Holmes, and Glenn Dyke brokered the deal for IBM.|
|As for the rest of the Top 10 Office Leases (with the help of Colliers International's research) in 2011:|
- Alston & Bird's renewal and expansion at One Atlantic Center for 365k SF (with Hines' John Heagy above, who consummated the deal).
- Primerica's build-to-suit HQ at Duke's Legacy Park in Gwinnett for 344k SF.
- AGL's 260k SF renewal at Ten Peachtree Place.
- SunTrust Robinson Humphrey's 230k SF renewal and expansion at Atlanta Financial Center.
- GE Consumer Finance's 203k SF renewal at Windward Plaza 300.
- Piedmont Healthcare's 190k SF renewal and expansion at Paces West.
- McKenna Long & Aldridge's 163k SF renewal at SunTrust Plaza.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers 142k SF lease at 1075 Peachtree, which also makes it the only new office deal on the list of 2011.
- And finally, the FBI's renewal of 137k SF at 2635 Century Center.