The Road To OZ: Don't Miss Bisnow D.C.'s Opportunity Zone Summit
A star-studded lineup will cover everything you ever wanted to know about opportunity zones at Bisnow's Opportunity Zone Summit, which will take place on June 26 at the Marriott Marquis, 901 Massachusetts Ave., Washington, D.C. Panelists including the architects of the OZ program, as well as HUD Secretary Ben Carson, who will weigh on in the program and how to become a savvy OZ investor. Register here for the event.
Join Bisnow for our very special Opportunity Zones Summit in D.C., an exploration of the new tax incentives and how they impact communities, business and development at the local and national levels. We’ve assembled an impressive lineup of experts to discuss the ins and outs of developing and investing in qualified opportunity zones.
We’ll be joined by Steve Glickman and Sen. Tim Scott, who first proposed and fostered opportunity zones, as well as Department of Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, Counselor to the Secretary of the Treasury Daniel Kowalski, Ja’Ron Smith, deputy assistant to President Donald Trump in the Office of American Innovation, EJF Capital CEO Manny Friedman, Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group Margaret Anadu and many more.
Learn what the new IRS regulations mean for investors, and hear from the architects of the program how exactly to get invested in your own QOF. You'll hear:
- Scott and Glickman’s visions for opportunity zones and how they evolved.
- The importance of opportunity zones for affordable housing.
- How opportunity zone deals are made locally and nationally.
- How to form qualified opportunity funds and raise capital.
- Ways developers can use opportunity zones to strengthen communities and avoid displacing them.
- What investors and developers should be doing to maximize capital gains.
This is a once-in-a-career chance to learn anything and everything you’ll need to develop and invest for success in opportunity zones. There’s time set aside for networking, too. Grab a spot while they’re still available.