The Swig Co. Sells Potrero Hill Office
The Swig Co. sold 555 De Haro St. to Bridgeton Holdings for $27M. The 50K SF historic office and production, distribution and repair building is next to the Anchor Brewery in Potrero Hill. The off-market transaction completed Oct. 12. HFF brokered the deal.
The Swig Co. bought the building with Build Inc. in 2014 for about $20M, according to property records. The JV upgraded the interior, added efficiency improvements to the building systems and repositioned the property to attract creative businesses. The property is 100% leased to a variety of tenants, including an architectural firm, a venture capital firm, a nonprofit and a post-secondary education organization.
The building has rooftop solar panels, multiple DSL and cable broadband options and on-site bike storage and car parking for tenants. The property has exposed wood beams and open floor plans, according to Swig Vice President of Investments Connor Kidd.
The building was originally a soap factory at the southeast corner of Rhode Island and 17th (Santa Clara) Street. It was relocated two blocks to its current location in 1917 and redeveloped as an office in 1980. The local neighborhood features several cafés and restaurants and a Whole Foods Market, and Highway 101 is a few blocks from the building.