1) What are the hottest developments in Queens and what neighborhoods are seeing the most investment?
2) How can Queens rebrand to become a more desirable market?
3) How can developers and landlords compete as thousands of new rental units hit the market?
4) What headwinds should Queens investors be aware of?
5) How are developers creating convenient and sustainable retail spaces?
6) Who are the biggest commercial tenants set to influence the market?
|7:30 AM - 8:30 AM||
Breakfast & Networking
|8:30 AM - 9:15 AM||
Work, Play: Office and Retail Update
|9:15 AM - 10:00 AM||
Living in Queens: Leasing, Development, and Investment
|10:00 AM - 10:30 AM||
Venue to be announced by April 15
The Queens borough is home to more than 2.3 million people and one of the most ethnically diverse urban populations in the world.
It's no wonder it is a hotbed for multifamily development. NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio upped his ante by raising his goal of creating and preserving affordable housing in the city from 200,000 to 300,000 units by 2026. In response, plenty of developers are breaking ground in affordable housing projects in Queens.
But, other sectors are beginning to get dialed up. Queens' industrial market continues to become increasingly important as NYC looks to solve its last mile logistics problems. Many developers are willing to pay top dollar for industrial space with Queens' proximity to the Manhattan. Office and Retail seem to be hanging in limbo in neighborhoods throughout Queens. "The people really need to come...[retailers] need the bodies, they really need the residents and more of an office presence," said Metropolitan Realty Associates CEO Joseph Farkas said at Bisnow's Long Island City State of the Market event. The question is how long will it take?
Well, we think it's time to gather all of Queen's top real estate professionals and get a true understanding of the state of its real estate market! Our industry leader panelists will dive deep into each of Queens' major CRE market to answer some of the looming questions.
Join Bisnow bright and early to enjoy breakfast, coffee, and networking!
Questions? Comments? Contact Heather, our NYC Event Producer, at email@example.com.