From A Possible Brexit To Yellen’s Testimony, These Are The 10 Things Happening Next Week You Can’t Miss
Most weeks are busy, but next week is one that could shape the economic ecosystem for years to come. Here are the things you can’t miss:
1. The UK finally decides between the “Leave” and “Remain” camps—after June 23 we’ll know the deal on Brexit.
2. Janet Yellen testifies before Congress on the state of the economy and monetary policy after the Fed kept rates steady.
3. Incoming economic reports will show the state of home sales—we expect previously owned home sales to have climbed in May while new-home buys fell.
4. Facebook holds its annual shareholder meeting. Voters will decide on a new class of stock and the extent of Mark Zuckerberg’s continued leadership.
5. Big earnings announcements are due from multiple companies, including ConAgra Foods, FedEx and Bed Bath & Beyond.
6. GE will guide investors through the firm’s first Digital Investor Meeting, explaining what it means to be a digital industrial company.
7. EU economic leaders hold a town hall event in Berlin to discuss Europe’s economic future.
8. The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development holds a real estate conference for southeast Europe.
9. US government bonds will be put on auction while the Fed makes debt purchases.
10. The US Department of Commerce reports on orders for durable goods. They’re projected to have declined in May due to weak manufacturing. [Bloomberg]