Build A Better Marketing Campaign
With the shift from in-person meetings to online networking, there has never been a more important time for commercial real estate professionals to put together a strong digital marketing campaign that will not only draw in clicks but convert leads into clients.
Through this guide, you'll learn how to:
- Create purposeful goals.
- Put value at the forefront.
- Speak to leads with intention.
- Create content to convert.
- Analyze from beginning to end.
Create a successful campaign that brings in new business with the help of Miles Bloom, Bisnow’s vice president of marketing services, and Robert Dippell, founder and principal at Overscore Digital Consulting.
Need more strategies to drive your brand's success? Drop our marketing services team a line, and we'll show you why we're the experts at driving leads in CRE.
Create Goals For Intended Outcomes
Building an effective campaign involves identifying explicit objectives from the outset and being clear about what the outcome should be.
“Businesses should have a plan for turning marketing dollars and the measurables that they generate into revenue,” Bloom said. “The number of impressions or hits to the website is great, but it doesn’t matter if you’re getting a lot of viewership and no contributions to your sales funnel.”
- What goals do I want to achieve?
- What metrics should I track to contribute to sales?
- Who should I be targeting?
Establish A Clear Value Proposition
Businesses must keep in mind that users often need a reason to provide personal information and continue the conversation. This involves communication between the marketer and the target audience that focuses on value.
“Without value provided to the user, there is no incentive for them to provide personal information or opt in to being contacted,” Dippell said. “Spend time clearly defining your target audiences as well as the messaging you should be using to speak to them and create a response. The value you can provide will generate that response.”
- How can I ensure that my campaign is reaching the right audience?
- What information does the target audience need to know?
- What methods of outreach or tactics can I use to captivate my target audience?
Draw In Leads
To present themselves as thought leaders, businesses must be able to speak on topics that show an understanding of their pain points. Within the CRE industry specifically, this means demonstrating knowledge about all aspects relevant to the client’s role and market.
“Beyond just connecting the dots to speak to a very tailored topic, the trick is somehow weaving your brand into that conversation in a relevant way, where the reader sees you as their potential partner and someone they must speak to for more guidance,” Dippell said.
- How can I speak to my target audience’s needs?
- What information can I provide them to show my credibility?
- How can I make my brand resonate?
Customize To Convert
When creating content for more integrated campaigns, it is not just about having content to put out there but also tailoring it with the intention of converting leads.
“The process of generating a content piece may be an exercise focused on collecting and sharing original data about a given topic in the industry in order to be a thought leader, but the targeted promotion delivered after that piece is complete is solely focused on converting qualified leads,” Dippell said.
- Does my content make sense for my business’s offering?
- Does my content distribution approach align with my campaign goals?
- Does the content I am putting out have a clear call to action?
‘Measure, Measure, Measure, Adjust, Adjust, Adjust’
It is important to focus on the right metrics and have the ability to measure and adjust your strategy based on what the target audience cares about rather than the business’s selling point.
“To market smarter, it’s taking an approach from the right angle, choosing the best channels, having the right processes in place for landing on messaging and having a flow of activity for targets from initial exposure to ultimate conversation,” Bloom said. “You can’t figure out where to adjust if you’re not measuring whether or not you’re accomplishing your goals. It’s also about finding ways to improve as you go.”
- Did the metrics that were tracked align with my campaign goals?
- How can I use the results of the campaign to determine what to do next?
- How did the campaign meet or not meet my expectations for my business’s success?
Looking for more? Our team is ready to help. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for some custom strategies to drive more ROI.