This Week's REIT Winners And Losers
Here's Bisnow's breakdown of the best and worst performing REITs for the week, as of Friday morning.
- Retail REIT Realty Income was the biggest winner this week, with shares surging 7.9% (from $55.89 to $60.32). The jump came as Treasury rates trended lower, boosting potential value. On top of that, Q4 future funds from operations (FFO) beat analysts projections by $.02.
- West Palm-based lodging REIT Chatham Lodging Trust's shares climbed 2.9%, from $18.62 to $19.16. The REIT had a good week after a rough January, and it just announced a 10 cents/share dividend to be paid out in March.
- Shares of industrial REIT Monmouth Real Estate Investment rose 2.3%, from $10.35 to $10.59, after six ratings firms upgraded the stock to "buy" this week. Three investment analysts followed suit shortly after, Financial Market News reports.
- Healthcare REIT HCP's shares dropped more than 26%, from $35.60 to $26.18, as the company issued a weak 2016 outlook after beating Q4'15 projections.
- The infrastructure REIT CorEnergy Infrastructure Trust's shares tumbled 24%, from $15.21 to $11.55, highlighted by an 11% dive on Thursday. The dive comes along with tumbling oil prices, as the REIT tries to scoop up US energy infrastructure assets.
- Diversified REIT Northstar Realty Finance's shares fell 18.6%, down to $9.06 per share. A large part of the drop came on Tuesday after KBW analyst Jade J. Rahmani downgraded the REIT from "outperform" to "market perform," and dropped his price target from $23 a share to $13.