What Is Next For LA CRE? Find Out at Bisnow’s Oct. 5 Event
Is the Los Angeles commercial real estate market poised for a sustained resurgence? It looked that way over the summer, when the second-largest U.S. metropolitan area showed several positive signs toward recovery, raising hopes for a CRE market rebound from the disruption of Covid.
Longer leases returned in Q2 2021, CBRE noted, while absorption rates were positive for the first time since the beginning of the pandemic. Vacancies continued to grow in Q2 at a slower rate, leading the global commercial real estate services and investment firm to speculate that “a more imminent road to recovery” was in view in the second half of 2021.
How solid is this rebound, and what can CRE professionals do to position themselves for what is likely to be a multi-year recovery period? Learn answers to these and other pressing questions at Bisnow’s live Los Angeles State of the Market event on Oct. 5.
Speakers and panelists will include a keynote roundtable with Brian Saenger, president and CEO of The Ratkovich Co.; Aliza Karney Guren, CEO of Karney Properties; and Alan R’Bibo, partner with Allen Matkins.
Other panelists will discuss “The ROI of Sustainability: Building a Business Case for Living Buildings” and include:
- Lindsay Clark, communications manager for Verdani Partners.
- Loretta Thompson, partner with Greenspoon Marder.
- Mary Trestle, director of Armanino Foundation and practice leader at Armanino.
A separate panel will explore steps landlords are taking to nurture client relationships and encourage tenants to return to the office. Moderated by Gabriel Marquez, partner and real estate assurance leader for CohnReznick, the panel will include:
- Clare De Briere, executive vice president and regional manager for Skanska USA Commercial Development.
- James Malone, JLL executive vice president.
- John Parker, CEO and co-founder of Parker Brown.
Carey Heyman, real estate principal for Clifton Larson Allen, will moderate a panel on the future of development in LA. Also participating:
- Ricardo Pagan, CEO of Claridge Properties.
- Trevor Coffey, Los Angeles vice president for HITT.
- Sejal Sonani, principal and LA managing director with HLW.
- Daniel Kaven, co-founding principal of William/Kaven Architecture.
The Los Angeles State of the Market event also will explore industrial real estate with moderator Kenneth Fields, real estate partner with Greenberg Glusker. Joining Fields are:
- Bud Pharris, senior managing director of the West Region for Link Logistics.
- Patrick Schlehuber, executive vice president of investments for Rexford Industrial.
- Rodrigo Gonzalez, CEO and managing partner of DEODATE.
Los Angeles State of the Market will be a live event at a venue that has not yet been announced. Proof of vaccination or a negative Covid-test result from the previous 72 hours will be required as a condition of entry to this event.
To learn more or register, click here.