1. What are the new advancements in healthcare technology? Will telemedicine become the new normal and how will this disrupt traditional brick-and-mortar care?
2. How will Florida's elimination of the Certificate of Need affect construction and development of new facilities? Will supply flood the market?
3. Expansion of ambulatory care: will outpatient facilities overtake the demand for new hospitals? How will the demand for convenient-care, off-campus facilities and non-traditional healthcare settings affect cost, employment and patient satisfaction?
4. As the millennial generation continues to drive demand for hotel-like hospitals with a retail component, how will the design of hospitals, urgent care centers and clinic facilities transform?
5. How is the cut in reimbursements going to affect medical market rental rates?
6. What opportunities are there for doctors and physicians to own their own medical buildings and offices? What pitfalls should they be aware of?
|8:00 AM - 9:00 AM||
Coffee, Breakfast & Networking
|9:00 AM - 9:45 AM||
Future of the Healthcare Industry: Systems & Hospitals
The expansion of ambulatory care and outpatient facilities, reimbursement rates, telehealth, the elimination of the Certificate of Need by Florida legislature.
|9:45 AM - 10:30 AM||
Development, Investment and Leasing of HCRE
Demand for hotel-like hospitals, Aventura Medical District, opportunities for doctors to own their own medical space, and lifted moratoriums on Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs).
|10:30 AM - 11:00 AM||
More Networking and Deals
100 Chopin Plaza
Miami, FL 33131
Ballroom/Level: Biscayne Ballroom, 2nd Level
Parking Information: Discounted Valet $18.00
The mission for healthcare is clear: provide quality service to a mass population in an efficient, ethical and cost-effective manner. With rising costs, however, executing healthcare's mission is becoming a challenge.
As healthcare evolves to keep up with industry demands, how can hospital systems, healthcare providers, developers and real estate executives work together to succeed in delivering quality healthcare and facilities while maintaining a valuable return on investment?
Miami-Dade County with its spirit of public-private partnerships, skilled workforce and infrastructure, is an ideal location for this growing asset and is home to industry leaders such as Baptist Health, Cordis and Jackson Health Systems.
Healthcare continues to dominate national headlines, with major mergers, acquisitions and uncertainty around the ACA. Subsequently, there have been several opportunities within the real estate market. CBRE's U.S. Medical Office and Healthcare findings report a variety of insights:
- The senior citizen population (65+), which is the highest per-capita healthcare spending demographic, will increase by 18% (to 9.2M) in the next five years
- Employment in the healthcare sector has risen continuously over the last two decades, with particularly rapid growth in the ambulatory-care services sector, which has increased by 72% since 2000
- Net absorption of medical office space has outpaced new supply in 24 of the past 29 quarters
Find out what updates there are in the healthcare industry, what kind of medical assets developers are building and where, and more at our our State of South Florida Healthcare event this August. As always, there will be plenty of opportunities to network and make deals with the best players in the market.
For questions, comments and press inquiries contact Katya, our Southeast Event Producer, at email@example.com.