Event Ended On: Thursday June 20 2019
Registration Questions? **Please note we have pricing tiers based on ticket availability. Ticket prices will increase once we sell out of the current pricing tier. We cannot redeem a lower price once the ticket prices have been raised. **Bisnow is a cashless, checkless operation. Please only submit payment via credit card.
Sistrunk Market & Brewery
115 NW 6th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
Floor: First Level
Parking Information: Free Parking Onsite
Coffee, Breakfast & Networking
IRS Regulations Update: Everything you Need to Know
Location, Location, Location: Finding the Best Returns in South Florida
1) Why are developers looking to South Florida and neighborhoods like Sistrunk for QOZ projects? Why are they betting long-term on these emerging neighborhoods?
2) What do the long-awaited IRS regulations that were released on April 17th mean for investment in Opportunity Zones in terms of...
- Multi-asset funds
- Properties outside the opportunity zone that are contiguous with real property in the zone
- Flexibility in phasing with respect to working capital requirements
- Starting and operating a business in an opportunity zone
3) What opportunity zones in South Florida are the best investments and how do those neighborhoods stand to benefit from the additional economic revitalization? What deals do Driftwoods, Somera Road, BH3, Affiliated Development and Merrimac Ventures have in the pipeline?
4) From an accounting perspective, what kind of partnerships are most optimal for investors looking to deploy capital into an Opportunity Fund? How are partners structuring JVs when parties have different time horizons?
5) How will HUD Secretary Carson's preference point system impact affordable housing?