(1) How does student housing fit into the larger Bay Area discussion of affordability? Has anything changed since last year?
(2) What innovations have there been in student housing in terms of design and construction (modular, etc.)? Unique to Bay Area? On-campus compared to off-campus?
(3) How are universities partnering with developers, architects, GCs and more in reaching their student objectives? Are these partnerships more hands-on or hands-off?
(4) What's the 2020 Vision for student housing in the Bay Area?
(5) Beyond Student Housing: What additional factors (graduate student housing, faculty housing, facilities) are affecting what and how universities are being built?
|7:30 AM - 8:30 AM||
Breakfast & Networking
|8:30 AM - 9:15 AM||
State of the Market
|9:15 AM - 10:00 AM||
|10:00 AM - 10:30 AM||
The Fairmont Hotel
950 Mason St.
San Francisco, CA 94108
Ballroom: Venetian Room, 1st Floor
Fairmont Hotel Garage: Located on Powell & California St.
$6.00 for every 20 minutes, Max $62.00
Self Parking at Crocker Garage: 1045 California Street (On California between Mason & Taylor) Early Bird Special: $10.00 (Enter by 10:00 AM and out before 6:30 PM) *Prices Subject To Change*
Join us for our NorCal University Development & Student Housing Event this upcoming March!
With some of the leading universities in the country, San Francisco has high demand for student housing, but faces increasingly high living costs and affordability questions.
We'll be covering the State of the Market in student housing - where the new developments are happening, what the challenges unique to the Bay Area are, and what the innovations in design & construction are to address the constraints and ever-evolving student needs.
This will be followed by a University Development perspective - hearing from the universities directly and those working closely with them on what their 2020 vision is, and how the sector continues to evolve. How are those in the industry partnering to create live-learn environments and prepare for Gen-Z?
For questions, recommendations, comments, or press inquiries please email our student housing producer, Helen, at email@example.com.
Share your comments, post your photos and ask questions using #BisnowSF on Twitter and Instagram, and follow us at @BisnowSF on Twitter for more news.