1) Where are East Bay CRE investors placing their money?
2) With San Francisco office rents reaching new heights, is Oakland ready for steady growth?
3) New and emerging Oakland Neighborhoods: Alameda, Downtown Oakland & Lake Merritt!
4) With the Golden State Warriors and Ubers headed to Mission Bay: who is going to become the rising start tenant in the East Bay?
5) Will Oakland Surpass San Francisco & San Jose for the Bay Area's top City? Are the stars aligning for that to happen?
|7:30 AM - 8:30 AM||
Breakfast & Networking
|8:30 AM - 8:45 AM||
Mayor Opening Fireside Chat
|8:45 AM - 9:30 AM||
Boom or Bust! Can Oakland Keep Growing?
|9:30 AM - 10:15 AM||
Oakland's Downtown Office & Mixed-Use Strength
|10:15 AM - 10:45 AM||
Closing Remarks & Networking
Venue to be Announced by Friday, January 5th
In 2017, we saw several indications that Oakland and the East Bay are primed for some major changes.
Uber, The GS Warriors and now the Raiders are set to head to elsewhere. For many living in the community this was a shock, however investors and developers are excited about the new opportunities that will arise. Bisnow’s Bay Area Reporter Julie Littman goes on to say, “Oakland has shed its label of being a secondary market to San Francisco, and developers are recognizing it as a market unto itself.” To put it bluntly, San Francisco is getting out of this planet expensive and homeowners and CEO’s are thinking with their feet and headed over the East Bay.
In the next 12 months, they are going to be drastic changes in the East Bay and we are all looking to see who is going to make the big splash, who is going to the owner, developer or investor to say that this market is going be the future of Northern California. Signature Development is currently building out one of the region’s largest projects the Brooklyn Basin. Executive Vice President, Paul Nieto goes on to say, “There’s a great vibe and amazing environment [in Oakland] … People have a strong affinity for this place, and identity.” The Brooklyn Basin, when completed, will add hundreds of new jobs and new homes for those looking to head over Oakland.
That leaves the question; What will Happen Next?
Come Meet Network With Professionals In The East Bay CRE Community!
Share your comments, post your photos and ask questions using #BisnowOakland on Twitter and Instagram, and follow us at @Bisnow on Twitter for more news.