Event Ended On: Thursday September 27 2018
Registration Questions? **Please note we have pricing tiers based on ticket availability. Ticket prices will increase once we sell out of the current pricing tier. We cannot redeem a lower price once the ticket prices have been raised. **Bisnow is a cashless, checkless operation. Please only submit payment via credit card.
Breakfast & Networking!
Getting Deals Done: Investments, Capital Markets, P3 Partnerships & Senior Housing Finance
A Senior Housing Outlook
Development Perception vs Reality, Challenges to Developing in the Urban Core, Programming Trends & Preparing for the Silver Tsunami
The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
5011 Westheimer at Post Oak
Houston, TX, 77056
Ballroom: Consort Ballroom, 3rd Floor
Parking Information: Complimentary self-parking or $25 valet is available at the Blue Garage (underground lot by the Oaks) located at 5085 Westheimer Road.
Join us for Houston's Silver Tsunami event on September 27th!
Developers are feeling it - nationwide. A new wave of seniors with different demands and expectations will soon seek senior housing and care facilities across Texas and across the US. Baby Boomers are looking to downsize from to housing facilities designed to meet their needs for unique design, location, and value-add amenities. The next generation of seniors is active, looking to be near family, retail, and in hybrid environments. Assisted living communities are already integrating elements of medical, memory care, hotel, retail, and more.
With growing concerns of
urban oversaturation and overbuilding, investors and developers are seeing potential outside of the larger metropolitan areas, predominantly in suburbs which have proved to be hotbeds for senior housing. However, some investors are saying the assumption that we are overbuilding may not be as true as we think. With a silver tsunami coming in under 10-20 years, do we have enough facilities to accommodate? Harvard University
reports that the number of Americans over the age of 80 is expected to double from 6 million to 12 million in the next two decades. Where do experts predict development and investment trends are headed in 2018? 2025? With the sentiment that senior housing is overdeveloped, credited and one-time developers are having trouble finding financing for these facilities. Join us to discuss public and private partnerships, investor demand, bridge and permanent loans, and the evolution of the capital stack to fit the requirements of today's market. As always, join us for breakfast, hot topics, and lots of networking! Questions? Reach out to our event producer, Juliette at email@example.com!
1. In Mexico City, a mixed-use, creative senior living facility combined a hotel, hospital, skybridge, and senior housing. How are we redefining the senior housing experience?
2. With baby boomers entering senior living facilities in the next decade, how will a new generation of tenants impact the design and development of senior living facilities? What new amenities can we expect in 2018? 2025?
3. Finding financing for upcoming senior housing projects has been difficult. What forms of creative financing are owners & developers using?
4. With a Silver Tsunami on the way, when can Houston expect another spike in demand for senior living in Houston? In which major submarkets? When do we start developing to meet this need?
5. How can existing centers improve their facilities to encourage more long-term stays?