1) Given the news of the demolition of Shapero Hall, what’s should we expect from the developments in Lafayette Park and the surrounding areas?
2) With Ford’s electric vehicle and autonomous vehicle teams relocating to a historic former factory in Corktown and the news of their acquisition of the mammoth Michigan Central Station, what should we expect to be announced?
3) Given Public-Private Partnerships like CNI have co-ordinated over $250 million of new investment and created nearly 750 new jobs, how can we drive more of this sustainable growth?
4) Now Canada has approved requests for the twin span Howe Bridge project, how have steel tariffs impacted development plans given a requirement is that the project is U.S. made? has now been granted?
5) With the news of the loss of the MLS bid to Cincinnati being lost in the excitement for this years Detroit Grand Prix, could the raceway on Belle Isle be our focal investment?
|7:30 AM - 8:30 AM||
Breakfast & Networking
|8:30 AM - 9:00 AM||
The Leasing Outlook: Detroit
- Downtown vs. The ‘Burbs - Which emerging markets are hottest?
|9:00 AM - 9:30 AM||
Private & Public Initiatives: Spurring Detroit’s Development Outlook
How is Detroit driving CRE development to new heights through unparalleled efforts in Public Private Partnerships?
|9:30 AM - 10:00 AM||
Detroit’s Hottest Office CRE Development Projects
Ford Motor Co. & The Future of Michigan Central Station
|10:00 AM - 10:30 AM||
Post Game Networking
Make sure to bring extra business cards!
Gem & Century Theaters, Detroit
333 Madison St.
Detroit, MI 48226
Floor: Lobby Level
Offsite parking available:
• There are Prime Flat lots directly across the street from the venue on Madison.
• “Z” & Opera House Garage
• Madison Avenue has Zone (metered) parking on both sides.
With the news earlier this year of Ford Motor Group's Eddison Team moving into their Corktown office as just one of almost 50 properties in Detroit's Corktown neighborhood and more recently the acquisition of Michigan Central Station, there’s no doubt Detroit's office CRE Market is hotter than ever before.
The flurry of activity, however, begs the question, which emerging neighborhoods should we expect the most significant push into by the biggest names in the industry, where are the opportunities to be had and how are these large transactions being supported by the government and what can we expect from the investments being made today such as the $130M plan to stabilize 7 neighborhoods?
On our mission, we will get you the inside scoop and all-encompassing look at Detroit's hottest opportunities. In addition to getting our all-star panelists insight on the biggest transactions in the market from Ford's latest news to the development of the Waterfront.
Share your comments, nominate a startup, post your photos and ask questions using #Bisnow on Twitter and Instagram, and follow us at @Bisnow on Twitter for more local news.