This Week's Dallas-Fort Worth Deal Sheet
The City of Garland approved the construction of a $25M medical facility. New Era Cos. will construct North Garland Medical Center, a 95K SF healthcare facility at 7217 Telecom Parkway.
The new facility is situated to leverage the influx of property under construction nearby: 3,100 multifamily units, 112 single-family homes and roughly 2M SF of data center space.
“We are excited to launch this relationship with the City of Garland. When we started looking for potential project sites, Garland clearly stood out. There is a lot of new development happening in the area, and we capitalized on the opportunity,” New Era founder and CEO Daryn Eudaly said.
North Garland Medical center is slated to open in July.
Westmount Realty Capital hired Chris Burgy as director of capital projects. Prior to joining Westmount, Burgy was vice president at J4 Development. Burgy has also been president of Cross Timber Development Corp. and worked as an account manager at Texas Woodsmith.
Baker Triangle bought an 82K SF industrial space at 1301 Apollo Road in Richardson from The Richardson Trident Co. JLL’s Craig Phelps represented Baker Triangle. NAI Robert Lynn’s Kimberly Mathis, Michael Stanzel and John Simons represented the seller.
Tenairs Partners bought a 22K SF property at 2111 Hinton Drive in Irving from Whitfield Properties. Mercer Co.’s Keenan Cook represented the buyer. Dorbrandt Realty’s Larry Dorbrandt represented the seller.
Roch Capital bought the 36K SF Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center (7121 Bishop Road) from Ashford Hospitality Prime. HFF’s Daniel Peek, John Bourret and Austin Brooks represented the seller.
Woods Distribution Solutions leased a 250K SF industrial space at 2900 Meacham Blvd. in Fort Worth. Lee & Associates’ Becky Thompson represented the tenant. Ryan Wood represented the landlord, 2900 Meacham LLC.
Cushman & Wakefield secured roughly 212K SF in DFW leases and lease renewals.
- ISNetworld renewed its 68K SF lease in One McKinney Plaza at 3232 McKinney Ave. in Uptown. Cushman & Wakefield’s Craig Wilson, Randy Cooper, Dan Harris and Wills Bauer represented the tenant. Gaedeke Group’s Elliot Prieur represented the landlord in-house.
- Calyx Technology leased 34K SF at 3500 Maple in Dallas. Cushman & Wakefield’s Natalie Snyder Bode, Mike Wyatt and Maureen Kelly Cooper represented the tenant. Lincoln Property’s Chris Axley, Worthey Wilesa and Jake Young represented the landlord in-house.
- Cyxtera Management leased 31K SF at Addison Circle in Addison. CBRE’s Baron Aldrine and Mike Kay represented the tenant. Cushman & Wakefield’s Chris Taylor and Trey Smith represented the landlord, Franklin Street Properties.
- MCR Investors subleased 25K SF in Park West I at 1501-1503 LBJ Freeway in Farmers Branch from Laredo Petroleum. Cushman & Wakefield’s Mark Collins, Dean Collins and John Fancher represented the sublessee. CBRE’s Ben Davis and Robert Blount represented the landlord, Highland Capital.
- Regus renewed its lease for 24K SF in Urban Towers at 222 West Las Colinas Blvd. in Irving/Las Colinas. CBRE’s Baron Aldrine and Mike Cleary represented the tenant. Cushman & Wakefield’s Matt Schendle and John Fancher represented the landlord.
- The Standing Chapter 13 leased 17K SF in Crestview Tower at 105 Decker Court in Irving. Cushman & Wakefield’s Mike Gosslee represented the tenant. Stream Realty Partners’ Tim Terrell and Mark Hayes represented the landlord.
- TPX Inc. leased 13K SF at 740 East Campbell Road in Richardson. Cushman & Wakefield’s Dean Collins, Mark Collins, Eric Duncanson and Mark Moore represented the tenant. Fobare Commercial’s Rick Curry and Pat Hanahan represented the landlord, AIG Spring Creek Coit II Ltd.
NAI Robert Lynn recently closed 33K SF in DFW leases.
- Daquiri Daddy’s leased 4K SF of retail space at 9901 Royal Lane in Dallas. NAI Robert Lynn’s Tom Heraty represented the tenant.
- APS Industrial Services leased 10K SF of warehouse space at 3426-3442 Dalworth St. in Arlington. NAI Robert Lynn’s Patrick Embry represented the tenant. Lee & Associates DFW’s Phil Rosenfeld represented the landlord.
- The Sherwin-Williams Co. leased 19K SF of warehouse space at 11220-11226 Leo Lane in Dallas. NAI Robert Lynn’s Jim Svidron brokered the deal.
Principle Life Insurance Co. renewed its 12K SF lease in One Ridgmar Center at 6500 West Freeway in Fort Worth. JLL’s Pat McDowell represented the tenant. Navstar Commercial’s Phil Sandlin represented the owner, FE One Ridgmar Center L.P.
Stream Realty Partners’ Tim Terrell and Mark Hayes negotiated 79K SF of leases in DFW for Champion Partners at 5001 Statesman Drive in Dallas.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions US Corp. leased 48K SF. Savills Studley’s Ric Kanatzar represented the tenant.
- Nucor Corp. leased 31K SF.
Bradford Commercial Real Estate Services secured 63K SF of leases and lease renewals.
- Regal Corp. renewed its 19K SF lease of industrial flex space at 605 Avenue R in Grand Prairie. Bradford Commercial Real Estate Services’ Michael Spain and Jim Ferris represented the landlord, DCT-TX 2004 RN Portfolio I L.P. NAI Robert Lynn’s Michael Stanzel represented the tenant.
- Alexonka Inc. leased 16K SF of distribution warehouse space in Air Freight II at 1100 East Dallas Road in Grapevine. Bradford Commercial Real Estate Services’ Clint Manning, Michael Spain, Brock Wilson and Joe Santaularia represented the tenant. The landlord, Aeroterm US Inc., represented itself.
- Peloton Cycle leased 10K SF of office/warehouse space at 3214 Dalworth St. in Arlington from Vivian Jones Management Trust. Bradford Commercial Real Estate Services’ Susan Singer represented the tenant. Mercer Co.’s Corby Hodgkiss represented the landlord.
- Petroleum Solutions Inc. leased 10K SF of distribution space at 1209 East Avenue J In Grand Prairie from 1201 East Avenue J LLC. Bradford Commercial Real Estate Services’ Michael Spain and Clint Manning represented the landlord. NAI Robert Lynn’s Patrick Embry represented the tenant.
- Power Pro-Tech leased 8K SF of warehouse space in Woodlands Business Center Building 1, 2009 108th St. in Grand Prairie. Bradford Commercial Real Estate Services’ Michael Spain, Brock Wilson and Joe Santaularia represented the landlord, SL4 DFW Industrial. Clint Manning, also with Bradford, represented the tenant.
Oaxaca Interests will expand Sylvan | Thirty across Sylvan Avenue to include three new retail spaces totaling 10,500 SF. Construction is to begin in Q1. Lake Flato and Hocker Design Group will design the project.
Whitestone REIT completed its expansion of The Shops at Starwood in Frisco. The completion of Phase 3 includes 13 new retailers in the development.
THIS AND THAT
All three TREC Shark Tank: GrowSouth finalists received deals during the inaugural event.
- Rodney Burchfield and Burchfield & Partners Inc. received a $1.35M deal from sharks Tillie Galan Borchers (GrowSouth Fund), Bill Cawley, Michael Dardick, Craig Hall and Frank Mihalopoulos to construct a 70K SF corporate maintenance, repair and overhaul hangar at Dallas Executive Airport. The project is anticipated to create 30 to 60 full-time jobs.
- The Dallas Unity Fund, led by Maria Schneider, Doric Earle and Hugh Resnick, received $250K from the GrowSouth Fund to help develop and sell single-family, infill houses priced for quality workforce housing.
- Michelle Morgan and her group Vector Studies Received $500K from the sharks to revitalize the former Forrest Avenue Community Hospital on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard into a multipurpose medical facility.