This Week's Chicago Deal Sheet
Want to get a jump-start on upcoming deals? Meet the major Chicago players at one of our upcoming events!
Record high turnout and record low temperatures set the scene for record fundraising at the 2017 Penguin Plunge.
The event on Jan. 7 in Ottawa, Ill., raised $161k to benefit Make-A-Wish Illinois. That topped the amount raised in 2016 by nearly $60k.
Organized and hosted by Heritage Harbor Ottawa, a marina resort community on the Illinois River, the Penguin Plunge challenges residents of Heritage Harbor Ottawa as well as neighbors and friends from Ottawa, Starved Rock Country and beyond to collect pledges for jumping off the dock and into the chilly water at Heritage Harbor Marina. In its sixth year, the 2017 Penguin Plunge drew 370 participants, including 36 teams, and more than 2,500 spectators. The top team was the “Streator Peters,” which raised more than $18k. All costs for the Penguin Plunge are covered by donors and sponsors, meaning 100% of proceeds raised by participants go directly to Make-A-Wish.
Middleton Partners made its second major suburban office play in four months with the acquisition of Balmoral Business Park (pictured) at 5400 and 5500 Pearl St. in Rosemont from TA Associates. The seller was repped by CBRE’s Paul Lundstedt and Dan Deuter. Middleton retained Colliers’ Francis Prock and Darryl Silverman to handle leasing and property management of the new acquisition.
Lee & Associates’ Jay Farnham repped DB Client Service in its sale of a 12k SF industrial/flex building at 1550 South Mount Prospect Road in Des Plaines. The buyer was Davy Investment Group.
Windy City RE’s Milan Rubenstein repped both parties in the $2.7M sale of a mixed-use property at 3133 West Lawrence Ave. in Albany Park. The building is home to 17 apartments and four street-level storefronts.
First Western Properties’ Kellen Duggan and Paul Tsakiris repped both parties in the sale of a 20k SF retail center at 25520 Pheasant Lane Drive in Chanhannon, Ill.
Entre Commercial Realty’s Brian Bocci and Nick Walby were the sole brokers in the sale of an 88k SF industrial building at 300 East Route 22 in Lake Zurich.
NAI Hiffman completed the following transactions:
- Brian Colson repped the seller of an 80k SF industrial building at 3311 Charles St. in Franklin Park.
- Brian Colson, Joe Bronson and Josh Will repped the seller of a 52k SF building at 805 Golf Lane in Bensenville.
NGKF completed the following transactions:
- Jeffrey Miller repped the buyer in the $5M sale of a 95k SF manufacturing facility at 500 East 36th St. in East Moline, Ill. NAI Ruhl Commercial’s Chris Wilkins and Lane & Waterman’s Dick Davidson repped the seller, Bears in Bettendorf.
- NGKF’s Michael Dillon repped both parties in the sale of Bellevue Town Center, a 75k SF shopping center in Green Bay, Wis., on behalf of Rubicon US REIT.
Bradford Allen’s Craig Nadborne and John Skalla repped Home Chef in its 29k SF HQ lease at the Wrigley Building (pictured), where it will occupy the 14th floors of the north and south towers. Home Chef is moving to the Wrigley Building from 225 West Ohio.
Friedman Integrated Real Estate Solutions’ Bob Dabrowski repped Syncreon in its 60k SF lease with landlord Stag Industrial Development at 3915 Morreim Drive in Belvidere, Ill.
Cushman & Wakefield’s Christopher Lydon, Al Caruana and Britt Casey completed the following lease transactions at O’Hare Peninsula Business Park in Elk Grove Village, bringing the building to 100% occupancy:
- The Hudson Group leased 71k SF and was repped by Cushman & Wakefield’s Ray Trevisian, Caruana and Casey.
- Sierra Pacific Industries leased 29k SF and was repped by CBRE’s Cal Payne.
NAI Hiffman’s Chris Gary and Art Burrows repped both parties in Innovative Logistics Group’s 73k SF lease at 480 East Lincoln Hwy. (shown) in Chicago Heights.
MB Real Estate’s Andrew Davidson, Jay Beadle and David Burkards completed an 80k SF HQ lease for First Midwest Bancorp at Triangle Plaza, 8750 West Bryn Mawr Ave. First Midwest is moving its HQ to the Northwest Side from Itasca.
Lee & Associates completed the following leases:
- Ryan Kehoe and John Sharpe repped Henry Broch & Co. in its 202k SF lease at 3600 Sunset Ave. in Waukegan. NAI Hiffman’s Sam Badger repped the landlord, CenterPoint Properties.
- Jeff Janda and Mike Plumb repped landlord LaSalle Investment Management in its 263k SF lease with Parts Town at 1200 Greenbriar Drive in Addison. The tenant was repped by Cushman & Wakefield’s Jason West.
SVN | Chicago Commercial made the following hires:
- Adam Napp, formerly of Jameson Commercial Real Estate, returns to SVN | Chicago Commercial this year as a vice president, bringing his expertise in retail leasing and investment sales.
- Michael Rudman, senior adviser, formerly of Marcus & Millichap, brings over 25 years of experience, culminating in a transaction volume in excess of $100M. Rudman will continue to focus on office and industrial sales in the northern suburbs of Chicago.
- John Guill transfers over from the SVN Landmark office, with over 10 years of commercial real estate experience, to join SVN | Chicago Commercial as an adviser working on office leasing and sales in the western suburbs.
- Scott Reinish joins the quickly expanding Restaurant Resource Group (RRG) as a senior adviser. Reinish, formerly of Kudan Group and one of the most sought-after agents in the business brokerage industry, brings a wealth of experience in restaurant/bar sales and leases in Chicago and surrounding suburbs.
- Tim Anderson, associate adviser, who brings more than 10 years of experience in restaurant development and management to the team.
Renovo Financial hired former Fannie Mae executive Peter Poidomani as executive vice president of portfolio management to help oversee the firm’s portfolio and strengthen the organization’s foundation as it continues its expansive growth.
@properties’ Michael Golden and Thad Wong were named to the 2017 Inman Influencers List. Inman, a national real estate information and media company, based in Emeryville, Calif., compiles the annual list to recognize real estate professionals who shape, change and influence the industry.