LARRY BENSIGNOR - EAGLEBANK
Larry Bensignor has been the EVP and General Counsel of EagleBancorp and EagleBank since 2010—and he's been a customer and shareholder of the bank from its inception. When Larry started practicing law, Ron Paul was his very first client; Paul is now CEO of EagleBank. It's very rewarding to work with someone with whom you have a relationship of more than 30 years, says Larry. As the only in-house counsel at the 22-branch community bank, he handles a wide array of issues, from Dodd-Frank and securities law to HR and negotiating leases and contracts. Last year, EagleBank merged with Virginia Heritage Bank, taking EagleBank to more than $5B in assets. The bank continues to desire to have both organic loan and deposit growth, he says. In private practice, Larry represented a consortium of landowners controlling half of the right of way to the Dulles Greenway, which became the first private toll road in Virginia in nearly 100 years.
What you didn't know about Larry:
- His first job, at the age of 15, was as a newspaper delivery boy.
- During college, he was a radio newsman on local stations.
- He loves to travel and finds the planning process part of the fun.
- Larry and his wife, Fern, celebrated this New Year's Eve with 2 million others on Copacabana Beach in Rio, Brazil.
- You can count on him to search out the best dark chocolate wherever he travels. (Such as in Paris with Fern this summer, shown here.)