Contact Us

Can DC Handle Vibe?

STK's millionaire and professional athlete studded opening party last week generated enough buzz to carry it for several months, but will a vibe-driven “Not Your Daddy’s Steakhouse” have staying power in DC? Or, is our nation's capital different than the corporate restaurant's other locations?


After the opening party, we returned to speak with chef Marc Hennessy (pictured) and director of operations Stacy Perrone. Marc came to STK straight from Hong Kong. “I think DC wants this; people say they’ve been waiting for this,” Stacy tells us. She feels the modern approach to a classic steakhouse will play well in Dupont Circle and pointed to specific dishes that are already popular. The STK philosophy is to have 70% of the menu be signature items available at all locations, while the other 30% is up to the local chef. Marc’s dishes showcase his time in Asia, like glazed sea scallops with chilled rye noodles and a ginger scallion vinaigrette. STK is open for dinner and plans to start lunch the second week of June.

Related Topics: Marc Hennessy