Modell’s Store Closings To Create Vacancies at 7 D.C.-Area Shopping Centers
Several D.C.-area shopping centers will soon have new vacancies to fill after the latest mass store closure from a major retail chain.
The retailer has seven locations in D.C., suburban Maryland and Northern Virginia that will close their doors, leaving landlords with vacant storefronts.
- In Columbia Heights, Modell's occupies a street-level space at the DC USA shopping center, owned by Grid Properties.
- On the H Street Corridor, Modell's has a store at the Hechinger Mall. MRP Realty and JM Zell last year reached an agreement to buy the 39-year-old shopping center, which has been envisioned for a major redevelopment.
- In Pentagon City, Modell's opened in 2013 at Kimco Realty's Pentagon Centre, which is undergoing a redevelopment.
- In Bethesda, Modell's occupies ground-floor space at 7201 Wisconsin Ave. NW, a mixed-use building owned by Guardian Realty.
- In Greenbelt, Modell's has a store at the Combined Properties-owned Greenway Center.
- In Capitol Heights, Modell's occupies space in Ritchie Station Marketplace, a shopping center managed by NAI Michael.
- In Germantown, Modell's operates a store at Peterson Cos.' Milestone Center development.