Exclusive: 7 New Restaurants Sign On At The Boro In Tysons
Want to get a jump-start on upcoming deals? Meet the major D.C. players at one of our upcoming events!
The anchor retail tenants for Tysons megaproject The Boro — Whole Foods and ShowPlace Icon Theater — have been known since the project broke ground in 2016, but the developer is now unveiling a host of new restaurants and service retail that will occupy much of the remaining space.
The Meridian Group signed seven food and beverage users, including sit-down restaurants, fast-casual chains and coffee shops, that plan to open at The Boro in 2019. They are:
- North Italia, a full-service Italian restaurant signed on for 6,200 SF on Boro Place. It will be the first Northern Virginia location for the brand that has over a dozen restaurants open nationwide. It signed a lease for its first D.C. location at 2112 Pennsylvania Ave. NW in May.
- Flower Child, a fast-casual concept serving wraps bowls and salads, signed on for 3,600 SF on Boro Place. The brand, part of the same restaurant group as North Italia, is also opening at 2112 Penn.
- Casual taqueria Fish Taco will open its first Northern Virginia location on Boro Place in a 3,400 SF space.
- Hoagie chain Taylor Gourmet will open a 2,300 SF space at The Boro on Greensboro Drive.
- Tasty Kabob, a halal food truck, will open its first brick-and-mortar location in a 2,100 SF space on Boro Place.
- Tropical Smoothie Café signed on for a 2,100 SF space on Greensboro Drive.
- Coffee shop Bluestone Lane will open in a 1,100 SF kiosk in Boro Park.
In addition to the food and beverage users, two service tenants also signed on at The Boro. Vision care center MyEyeDr. signed on for 1,900 SF on Boro Place and dry-cleaning service Boro Cleaners will open in a 1K SF space on Greensboro Drive.
The restaurant tenants are all expected to open in 2019 on the 15-acre development near the Greensboro Station Silver Line stop. At full build-out, The Boro is planned for 1,500 residential units, 1.9M SF of office, 250K SF of hotel space and 350K SF of retail, plus the 70K SF Whole Foods and the 14-screen movie theater. The Meridian Group is partnering with Kettler for the residential, Rockefeller Group for the 20-story Boro Tower office building, and Skanska is the general contractor.
“We have been saying that this will be a place to live, work and play, but now you can see how it will come to life,” The Meridian Group Vice President Tom Boylan said. “Meet for happy hour and dinner at North Italia, or grab it to go from Tasty Kabob on the way to pick up your dry cleaning. It all will be conveniently located here at The Boro.”