By The Numbers: Capitol Riverfront
A quantitative look at the Capitol Riverfront reveals the extent to which the neighborhood has transformed and will continue to evolve. It has:
- 6,000 residents today, which is expected to double to 12,000 at the end of Q4 2019, based on current projections.
- 34,000 daytime employees and 2.8 million visitors per year.
- 3,800 apartments today, with 2,300 spanning seven buildings under construction, with another 2,500 units commencing construction in 2017.
- 800 for-sale units today, with 140 under construction and 375 slated for 2017 groundbreaking.
- 6.2M SF of office.
- 325k SF of existing retail for its 64 retailers, with another 250k SF under construction.
- 362 community events in 2016.
- 10 acres of public parks.
- 36 restaurants today, with 15 opening in 2017.
- Three hotels today, with a Marriott Residence Inn opening in Q2 2017.