Contact Us

D.C. Selects Developer For 187-Unit Hebrew Home Project In Petworth

A rendering of the 187-unit Hebrew Home development in Petworth

D.C. has selected a team to redevelop Petworth's historic Hebrew Home into a 187-unit affordable housing development. 

Mayor Muriel Bowser on Tuesday announced the selection of Victory Housing and Brinshore Development, backed by Bank of America's community development arm, to spearhead the redevelopment at 1125 Spring Road NW. 

The Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development in March 2016 released the request for proposals for the 3.3-acre site that sits about a third of a mile from the Georgia Avenue/Petworth Metro station. 

The adaptive reuse project will include 88 senior affordable housing units in the refurbished Hebrew House, a historic landmark built in 1925. The project will add another 91 rentals in a newly constructed adjacent building, with 66% of those units set aside as affordable and the other 34% market rate. It will also have eight for-sale homes fronting Spring Street. 

The Hebrew Home redevelopment was the third project formed with D.C.'s OurRFP process, which takes community feedback into account. StonebridgeCarras was selected through the OurRFP process in November to redevelop Ivy City's Crummell School into 320 rental units.