Alcoa Leaving 390 Park Ave. Headquarters
Alcoa is ending its 17-year presence in New York.
The aluminum manufacturer announced plans to close its global headquarters at 390 Park Ave. in a companywide effort to cut offices worldwide saving $5M a year, the Wall Street Journal reports.
Employees will either relocate to the company's corporate center in Pittsburgh or telecommute. Alcoa last signed a lease renewal for its 21K SF space with the building known as Lever House, in 2014.
Built in 1952 and acquired by RFR in 1998, the 267K SF building designed by Skidmore Owings & Merrill, was one of the first "glass curtain wall" buildings in the United States, according to RFR's website. Urban Compass, the Casa Lever restaurant, the Lever House Art Collection and the offices of RFR itself currently occupy the building.