Kilroy Realty Garners Fitwel Certification For 2.5M SF Of Office
Want to get a jump-start on upcoming deals? Meet the major players at one of our upcoming national events!
Eight of Kilroy Realty Corp.’s assets have received Fitwel certification from the Center for Active Design. The buildings total 2.5M SF and are in Los Angeles, San Francisco and the Seattle area. They each received scores ranging from one to three stars, with three stars being the top score. Sustainability and health and wellness are big parts of Kilroy's business strategy.
Features in these properties factored into the ratings were high walk scores with locations in transit-oriented and walkable areas, open stairwells, fitness centers, green cleaning and purchasing programs, availability of healthy food options, comprehensive emergency preparedness programs, access to water and availability of daylight and views in tenant spaces.
The properties receiving certification are:
- 100 First St., San Francisco
- 201 Third St., San Francisco
- Westside Media Center, 12100 West Olympic, Los Angeles
- Westside Media Center, 12200 West Olympic, Los Angeles
- Tribeca West, 12233 West Olympic, Los Angeles
- Sunset Media Center, 6255 West Sunset, Los Angeles
- Key Center, Bellevue, Washington
- Skyline Tower, Bellevue, Washington
The Fitwel system rates workplaces that promote positive health outcomes for occupants and was created by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the General Services Administration and public health and design experts.