Fast Facts: McKinney
The city of McKinney reached a total population of 187,802 in January, a 4.5% jump from the previous year — and a sharp spike from 2010 when McKinney had a population of roughly 131,000, according to U.S. Census Bureau data.
McKinney in 2000 had a population of just over 55,000, which means its population shot up 138% over the past 19 years. It was named the fifth fastest growing city in the U.S. in 2018 in a report from WalletHub.
McKinney’s median household income in 2017 dollars hit $87,608, with only 7% of the area’s residents living in poverty according to census data.
Almost half of McKinney’s population — roughly 45% — has a bachelor’s degree or higher, while 92.2% are high school graduates, according to census data.
Commercial And Residential Real Estate Activity
1. Fourteen pre-development meetings held in January alone; 43 meetings held in 2018.
2. Of the 43 pre-development meetings held in the one-year period leading up to January, 22 were for residential and commercial plats, seven were for commercial/multifamily plats and 11 were commercial building elevations, according to city data.
3. 129 building permits issued in January.
4. Four permits in January were issued for $2.56M in new commercial
5. 110 single-family permits issued with a total value of $37.9M.
2. Wistron GreenTech
4. Emerson Process Management
5. Tong Yang
6. Encore Wire
8. Brandon Industries