This Week's Chicago Deal Sheet
Want to get a jump-start on upcoming deals? Meet the major Chicago players at one of our upcoming events!
A quartet of Chicago power women got new roles. Suzanne Hendricks, Krysta Bavlsik, Karoline Eigel and Eileen Flynn were elected to the executive committee of MB Real Estate.
Bavlsik is EVP of MBRE Healthcare. Flynn is SVP / managing director and corporate controller of the firm’s accounting services division and oversees the division’s handling of all third party managed assets. Eigel is MBRE's chief marketing officer, and Hendrick is the firm's director of asset management.
The Boulder Group completed the following transactions:
- Randy Blankstein and John Feeney repped the buyer in the $3.6M sale of a single-tenant net-leased Walgreens property at 1703 Park Avenue in Muscatine, Iowa.
- Randy Blankstein and Jimmy Goodman repped both parties in the $6M sale of a single-tenant core-located PNC Bank ground lease at 1640 West Fullerton Ave (above).
HFF’s Matthew Lawton, Wick Kirby, Sean Fogarty and Marty O’Connell repped New Fountain’s Equity in the sale of New Fountains, a 578-unit apartment community in Madison, WI. The buyer was Denver-based Monarch Investment and Management Group.
Baum Realty’s Greg Dietz and Danny Spitz repped the seller in the $4.1M disposition of a fully leased, 14k SF medical building at 101 South Washington Ave in Park Ridge.
Adelphia Properties’ George and Simeon Spirrison repped the seller in the $1.2M sale of a single-tenant net leased O’Reilly Auto Parts at 3145 11th St in Rockford.
Cushman & Wakefield’s Eric Fischer, Brett Kroner, Keith Puritz and Bradley Migdal repped Colbert Packaging in the acquisition of a 173k SF industrial facility at 9949 58th Place in Kenosha, WI. The seller, Zibler, was repped by NGKF’s Sergio Chapa.
NAI Hiffman completed the following transactions:
- Chris Gary and Joe Bronson repped Hog Shed Ventures in the acquisition of a 75k SF industrial property at 840 West 40th St (shown) in the Back of the Yards neighborhood. The seller, an LLC, was repped by CBRE’s George Maragos, Mitch Adams and Nicole Mentone. The site will be the home of Frost Lighting, a full-service event production company.
- Kelly Disser and Jay Maher repped York Capital in the sale of 3453 West 47th Place and 3501 West 48th Place in Chicago. The buyer, CR Realty, acquired the properties totaling 115k SF as a spec investment.
Interra Realty’s Brad Feldman, Brian DiBasilio and Adam Saxon repped both parties in the following transactions:
- A 19-apartment building at 1506 West Fargo Ave in Rogers Park closed for $1.8M. The buyer was Sejad Cantic.
- A nine-unit building at 5005 West Diversey Ave in Belmont Cragin sold for $858k. The seller was Hugo Ramones.
Mid-America Real Estate’s Joe Girardi was the sole broker of Constitution Trail Centre, a 154k SF shopping center in Normal, Ill. The buyer was an affiliate of Dallas-based Tabani Group.
Jameson Commercial’s Katie Whelan and Chris Irwin repped Fifield Cos in an 8k SF lease with Children’s Learning Place at Luxe on Chicago, 1850 West Chicago Ave. Noah O’Neill repped the tenant.
Lee & Associates completed the following leases:
- Jeff Janda and Brian Vanosky repped RotaDyne in its 53k SF lease renewal at 1101 Windham Pkwy in Romeoville.
- Nick Eboli repped Brook Graphics in its 20k SF lease at 950 Greenleaf Ave in Elk Grove Village. The landlord, Venture One Real Estate, was repped by Colliers International’s Tom Rodeno and Matthew Stauber.
Waterton promoted co-founder Peter Vilim to vice chairman. The move will allow Vilim to increase his involvement with various local and national organizations focused on providing affordable housing and homeless services to low-income families and individuals. Vilim will also remain on Waterton’s Investment Committee and Advisory Board, continuing to be involved in the strategic direction of the firm.
Pine Tree promoted Jennifer Costa to VP, director of property management, and hired Brian Page as assistant property manager.
Avison Young’s Erik Foster and Mike Wilson were awarded the exclusive listing for a fully occupied, 720k SF industrial portfolio in the Milwaukee market.
The Habitat Co won the property management contracts for the following Chicago-area condos, totaling 951 units:
- 2400 North Lakeview, a 30-story luxury high-rise designed by Mies van der Rohe and comprised of 262 one-, two- and three-bedroom residences directly across from Lincoln Park.
- Cornell Village (5201 South Cornell), a complex of 166 residences (including 148 two- and three-bedroom condominiums, and 18 townhomes) near Burnham Park in Hyde Park.
- Park Place (600 North Kingsbury), a 20-story contemporary condominium tower overlooking the Chicago River in River North, including 163 one- and two-bedroom residences.
- River Trails (811 Apple Drive, Prospect Heights), a garden-style community consisting of 360 units, featuring one-, two- and three-bedroom condos.