JANET EICHERS - KAPSCH TRAFFICCOM NORTH AMERICA
Want to get a jump-start on upcoming deals? Meet the major D.C. players at one of our upcoming events!
Janet Eichers is SVP and General Counsel to Kapsch TrafficCom North America, an arm of the 123-year-old Austria-based Kapsch Group. She says that while many people associate Kapsch with the EZ-Pass System because it provides all of the equipment for it under a long-term contract, Kapsch is also becoming a major competitor in the toll system integrator market. The company is implementing a state-of-the-art all-electronic tolling system for the New York State Thruway, the fifth-busiest roadway system in the country, and has won other significant projects nationwide. Janet joined Kapsch in 2012, after time at DRS, Bearing Point and Wiley Rein, drawn to the company's great level of energy and entrepreneurial spirit.
What you didn't know about Janet:
- Her first real job out of graduate school was working as an economic analyst at a defense contractor.
- She is one of the rare born-and-bred Washington, DC, natives.
- She has four children, aged 5, 8, 9 and 12.
- She has an MBA from George Washington University.
- At 19, Janet swam across the Chesapeake Bay and is in training for a repeat this spring.